Original pin block

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Jun 17 08:32:46 MDT 2008

Greetings,

 Gee, I gotta take exception,perhaps there was a typo??

David writes:

> You’ve received a couple of suggestion for going to 2 〓” pins as well as up
> a size and I think you need to be cautious about that unless you are
> reaming. If you don’t ream then the #3 (or larger) pin will extend deeper into the
> hole originally drilled for a #2 pin but was not reached and therefore
> expanded by the original pin. That can make the pin very tight at the bottom of
> the hole and can create some rendering problems. So, if going up in size in
> the original block I believe you should stick with the original length.<<

     As I see it, a #3 pin is no longer than a #2, so I don't understand the
link between depth of wear and size of pin.   Also, it seems to me that most
Steinway pianos use a 2 1/2" pin to begin with.   Did I miss something, here?
regards,

Ed Foote RPT

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.