Original pin block

Paul Chick tune4u at fmwildblue.com
Tue Jun 17 05:59:46 MDT 2008

I'm helping a person put his Steinway L together.  It has the original pin
block that came with 2/0 pins.  The torque on all the pins was very
consistent ( 100 "#), save the first three.  What size would you install?
Would you ream the original holes, and if so, what size drill/reamer would
you use for example a 3/0 or a 4/0 tuning pin?

I put in a new block when I'm redoing a grand, but this one is nearly
perfect and I didn't want to replace it unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Paul C