Brodmann

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 16 18:43:43 MDT 2008

Hi, Bob:
    We just acquired the  Brodmann line recently.  They are, so far, the best Chinese piano I've worked on yet.  Not all the parts are from China.  For example, the strings are made in Europe, as I found out after breaking one in the bass (my fault- too aggressive string leveling).  The tone is very nice, they appear as well made as any German piano, finish is very good (Polyester).  I'm no expert, but the strings in the bass seem to be very low tension, which I guess would be the case for a small grand.  I think they sound fine, but may lack a little power in the bass.  The tone does seem to change somewhat going over the break.
    I am impressed with them so far (maybe 2 months).  FWIW.
    From a grunt in the trenches...
    Paul McCloud

Paul McCloud
Service Technician for PianoSD.com