longitude wave etc.

Christopher Glattly cglattly at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 15 18:35:11 MDT 2008

Hello list,

	Many thanks to Berhard, Ron, Richard, and David-- all great
suggestions and diagnostic routines.  I'll likely do very careful
tests as the piano is a >10 year pristine 7' Seiler and I got in
quite deep with this person a few years back (acoustically isolating
the action rails.. it worked but neither of us were terribly
satisfied with the experience).   Also the sound is at the very edge
of my perception what with age and all.   Great things to try where
as before I had none.
	On the vein: ever since the first reading on longitudinal waves in
the PTG journal several years back,  I've wondered if there are,
occasionally,  rather pronounced problems in S&S models M through A
in the octave below mC.  These unwelcome sounds have been more
distinguishable and in the same four 8va above fundamental range.
I've always wondered why the owner/players have not complained...
I've never pointed it out to same.  Comments?