Best Bass String Duplication?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 20:44:08 MDT 2008

Can't comment on price comparisons as I don't order from Mapes, Schaff or
Pianotek.  They do good work and the prices are in the ballpark.  Since
they're Canadian, the dollar has not fared well lately but I don't worry
about it.  These kinds of costs are paid by the customer and I go to the
companies that do the best job for me, period.  Turn around time is always
good and if you need it overnight they can send it that way (you pay of
course).  I didn't know Pianotek offered string services.  Mapes rarely gets
the wrap lengths right.  Schaff strings come out dead too often.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com