no hammer rise

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 01:28:24 MDT 2008

David

A couple of things to look for. When you say the hammer rises 1/16",?do you feel a slight kick in the key itself? If it does, that means the hammer wants to rise, but?the hammer pinning is too tight. Make sure the hammers swing at least 6 or 8 times.

Another reason the hammer won't rise is because it is digging into the check too much. How high is the hammer checking? What is?the angle of the hammer tail and the back check? Make sure the rake of the check is even with the curve of the tail.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
808-349-2943