Landline vs. Cellular -- was Competitive Rates

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:59:30 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:36 PM, David Love <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
wrote:

I'm in the process of giving up all my yellow page advertising as I too have
> found it to be useless except for the occasional shopper.  The next debate
> for me is whether or not to even keep my landline or go 100% cellular.

I was cellular only for a couple of years.  I gave up my home number, and
missed some occasional customers who obviously never read my updated contact
info postcards that I sent out to everyone. Hello.  So I predict you'll also
miss some if you've been using your home number to receive business calls.

Now I have landline again (the same old number that it was -- and have
gotten numerous service requests since then).  I got landline service again
because of concerns about radiation from cell phones.  I just don't think
there has been enough study about the effects of radiation that close to the
brain.  But I'm betting it ain't good, and we'll see high occurrences of
brain cancers in the next couple of decades.  I always use a headset, and
have greatly curtailed the amount of time I'm on the thing.

I'm not giving up my cell just yet.  In fact, I'm madly in love with the new
iPhone that is scheduled to arrive July 11.  But I'll be a good bit more
cautious about how I use it.

--
JF