ivory keytops

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Jun 11 17:31:28 MDT 2008

David,
    We have a few options for ivory, 1 piece ivory is very nice and elegant
without the line at the joint between the head and tail, but is a few
hundred dollars more than 2 piece ivory tops which are separate and will
have a scarf joint between the head and tail. The different thicknesses are
0.060, 0.085 and 0.100, in my opinion the 0.085 and 0.100 are your better
value because for a few hundred dollars more you can get nearly twice the
material thickness and they will also last that much longer, whereas if you
start out thin, there is not much that can be done further down the road. We
offer mineral plastic now as an option for the key fronts which will save
you a bit of money over ivory fronts and the match in color is nearly
perfect. To do this kind of high quality work the bushings, buttons and pins
need to be in good shape also or even spacing will be difficult to attain.
We provide shipping boxes if you need and have slideshows on our website to
instruct on proper packing. If you have any more questions please call or
email me, thanks,   Mike