impacted shop practices

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jun 11 09:08:54 MDT 2008

>    Alrighty then.  I got one... so I'm trying it.
>   Up till now I have used a brace & bit...Carefully. But its' a hard
> work.  I usually fit all the screws to the new block before finishing
> just to avoid those famous words........oooops!!!   MAn I hate that
>    Dale

I hate that too. I'd been running a long screw of the same
diameter into the block with my 3/8" VSR drill, which takes a
lot of the work out of driving them by hand, either with a
brace or ratchet, but it's still work. The biggest potential
problem I see with the impact is breaking the heads of old
screws. I started replacing old pinblock screws years ago
because of that, and was driving them by hand.

If we had any sense, we'd just switch to Robertson's and get
it over with.
Ron N