Henry Miller-reprise

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 07:07:42 MDT 2008

I tried using the original holes a couple of times but since have started
filling them and redrilling.  Fill them with an epoxy/wood flour type
mixture.  That allows you to mark the new hole exactly centered using a
centering punch using the plate as a guide.  Using Ron's jig or a drill with
a bubble (bull's eye type) you can get things very close without having to
enlarge any holes.  Filling the old holes and redrilling gets a much better
fit for the socket screws and it's not necessary to tap (in fact with epoxy
fillers I wouldn't recommend it).  Just drill the holes 1/16" smaller than
the socket screws and let them cut their own threads.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com