What do "they" do: Replace Windshield

Paul Chick tune4u at fmwildblue.com
Mon Jun 9 06:50:21 MDT 2008

I've been supplying several shops with #9 plain wire for 10+ years.  They
claim it the best size for windshield removal
Paul C

Subject: RE: What do "they" do: Replace Windshield

Hi All,
Most people who come to our store ask for a small gauge bass string and not
plain wire to help them remove a windshield?  Does anyone have experience to
know really what size works best?  I have been told the plain wire does not
grab like the "sawing" finer winding on the bass string.
Kindest Regards,
Garret

Subject: Re: What do "they" do

Right ! !   Had a fellow ask me if I could sell him about 6 ft. of wire.
Being curious as
for what reason he needed the wire, he told me that he is replacing a
windshield on
a car, and he needs the wire to take off an old windshield at an auto
wrecking yard.
He gets it started under one side of the winshield and works it to the other

end.
Says it works like a charm.  Good on him.

Carl / Winnipeg