To shred or not to shred?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun Jun 8 10:10:58 MDT 2008

I agree, Paul.  I have not opened one for several years.  I can find
things so much more quickly on the web page and I think all the
information in the book is there.  I know there are advertisements in
there so I don't know if the directory is a monetary profit or a loss.
I know I personally wouldn't miss it.

Not only for the carbon footprint, and misuse of our trees, I tend to
scan everything and keep the information that way.  Receipts I scan and
attach them to the relevant entries in Quicken.  Society talks about
becoming paperless but lawyers, banks and the government keep cranking
it out.  I have stopped getting hard copies of my bank statements,
credit card statements etc.  Where I work paper memos are nearly a thing
of the past as everything comes by email.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu