To shred or not to shred?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sun Jun 8 09:21:26 MDT 2008

I shred my bills (usually after paying), credit card solicitations, anything
I print but don't use that has a client's name/addr/phone, but I'm not going
to overload my shredder (much less take the time) to shred the PTG
directory... but I did consider it.

I'm not so concerned with identity theft, per se, from the PTG directory as
I am about it being a resource for spam e-mailers and snail-mailers, but I
don't think that THEY go thru our trash the way ID thieves do. There isn't
any information that's especially useful to ID thieves.

I do remove the spiral because I'm not sure if it's recyclable.  Actually,
that's about the only time I open it... when I'm prepping it to recycle
after the new one arrives. What year is this??  In the Internet age, I think
it's a big waste of paper and all the associated resources that go along
with paper production. I'd be all for abolishing it in favor of an online
version... most (all?) of the info is online already. I'm sure there are
techs that are still without Internet access... possibly a scaled-down
version could be made available to them... maybe on phonebook-like paper...
and/or make it a purchase option.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN