Fuel surcharge?

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Jun 7 10:13:51 MDT 2008

Hi Phil,

I do hope the clients are quote tuning fee and trip charge when they
inquire as to your rates. I'm the highest cost tuner in the entire province
and prefer to keep it that way. Once a year I adjust the charge by the
inflation rate. Fair to my clients and fair to me.

Your trip charge, of course, at least in Canada would be considered
income--and might negate the ability to write off costs here. But then our
tax systems are totally different. I always pay more GST (gouge and squeeze
tax {Federal sales tax}) than incometax.

Nice touch calling it a "trip charge". The danger might be that if a piano
is "toast" the client may feel they only need to pay the "trip charge". May
I steal that idea for out of town calls?

At 11:47 AM 6/7/2008 -0400, you wrote:

>I thought for months about this trip charge. This is not
>something that just came to me one night in a dream. The
>last time I checked, I am a mostly in-home service-based
>business which requires me to turn the key to get to my
>business. Instead of raising my rate, this is what I chose
>to do..and it's NOT a fuel surcharge..it is a trip charge. A
>horse with a different color? Perhaps, but that's MY opinion.
>
>-Phil Bondi(Fl)
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner