Fuel surcharge?

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sat Jun 7 09:47:06 MDT 2008

> Tuning by rumor burns no fossil fuel, and rumor is an infinitely
> renewable resource.

I knew this was coming..!

Matthew, for the record, I don't feel like I'm "making
money" charging a trip charge..and, for the record, I am
charging LESS than the .505 deduction we get for
mileage..because..I tend to bunch up in an area code when
scheduling..AND..because I _know_ my rate of service is the
2nd highest in this area. I like to think I have a heart and
am sympathetic to my clientelle..especially those on fixed
incomes, and families struggling to make ends meet. I would
rather they see me trying to make my own ends meet rather
than feeling I'm raising my rate to compensate for my loss
of income because of......I see it as a fine line.
Unfortunately, you don't.

I thought for months about this trip charge. This is not
something that just came to me one night in a dream. The
last time I checked, I am a mostly in-home service-based
business which requires me to turn the key to get to my
business. Instead of raising my rate, this is what I chose
to do..and it's NOT a fuel surcharge..it is a trip charge. A
horse with a different color? Perhaps, but that's MY opinion.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)