Fuel surcharge?

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 23:42:15 MDT 2008

What Bob said. Several years ago when gas was going up, I asked my son, (the CPA), if I should raise my fee, and he explained it just the way Bob just did.?I think most companies that are adding a "surcharge" are doing it mostly?to get more money out of?us, than to compensate them for the added fuel charge. ?Raise your fee if you haven't done so in at least a year. Otherwise, just let it go.

One thing you can do to save money is to bunch your customers together more than ever.?Tell them to save gas, you really want to tune their piano and others in the?same zip code, on a particular day. Even go as far as telling them that you'll call them the night before and give them a time, so that you?can drive in a straight line within the same zip code, instead of crossing?tracks. I think most?customers will probably respect you for it, and adjust their schedule accordingly.?

Even on a small island like Oahu I have been able to make adjustments to my schedule so that I don't have to cross paths.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of