Fuel surcharge?

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 22:24:30 MDT 2008

 Mike:

If you believe in your ability to guess where the market's going to go, then a surcharge may work. Depending on the size of your clientèle's geography, you may be smarter simply to raise your prices by small increments on a quarterly basis to reflect the continuous rise in fuel prices. But fuel prices create extra costs everywhere (witness Renner), including the costs you might associate with the pleasures of your life which you want your business to support (pool service? lawn service? my, my). My personal belief is that the prices we see not going to go down, even though there will be minor fluctuations which might make us think so. But $11.00 up today? Hmmm.

And Mike! You're coming to Chicago? When, where, and what can we do to make you welcome? Wow, what an addition to our technical community, and what a loss to your current one. Stay in touch!

Paul