Compare, contrast, critique, anyone?

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 10:34:37 MDT 2008

At 14:55 +0200 6/6/08, Bernhard Stopper wrote:

>3 Software pianos for me-
>
>bbgs: most natural of the three for me - the Garritan?

I think so too, though I'm not familiar enough with any of the brands
of software.  The piano sampled in all three cases is almost
certainly a Steinway but I wouldn't want a Steinway sounding like
that.

As to the performance, I'd say it was computer generated rather than
a speeded-up real performance.  I was doing this sort of thing 17-20
years ago with early OpCode 'Vision' software on the Mac, writing in
some piano works by Schumann that are never played because they are
so difficult.

JD