Compare, contrast, critique, anyone?

"Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz" rafahuberman at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jun 6 07:35:09 MDT 2008

Hi Kent,

Congratulations!!!

Very impressive indeed!!!

The dynamics are amazing, I enjoyed them a lot!!!

I would say they were played in three different pianos and I disagree
with it being computer generated. But if that is the case then it has
an amazing sound and we soon are going to be out of business!

The sound I liked the most was the third one (bpt), it has a warmer
quality than the rest and a uniform tone.

What I didn't like at all are the chords on the left hand… They are
asynchronous with the right, particularly in the first one in the
first part (bgs), and the better one on time with the right hand is
the second one (big) except at the end with the sycopation that is too
loud and there I prefer the last one (bpt).

Over all it seems like too much emphasis has been done in playing the
melody extremely well, neglecting the acompainment!

These are my observations after listening to them once on the computer
speakers. For a better or more acurate description of the
interpretation I would have to listen to them many times and I don't
have too much time right now. Sorry… I hope you found my comments
helpful.

Rafael.

Rafael M. Huberman Muñiz

ArtePiano