Compare, contrast, critique, anyone?

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Fri Jun 6 00:05:27 MDT 2008

Very impressive performance. Hard to imagine that anyone can actually play
that fast.

BBGS and BBPT sound like they MIGHT be the same performance while BBIG is
probably not the same performance as the other two. I say this because BBIG
sounds a little slower, at least in the beginning.

I'm thinking that we are listening to three different degrees of mp3
compression.
BBGS sounds the most squashed, (much of the upper transients and partials
are lost and it's almost in mono).
BBPT sounds sort of in the middle.
BBIG sounds the fullest, or least squashed, (much more transparent than the
other two and a much wider image).

Probably all three are on the same piano in the same room. Seeing as I
already think this is the same performance I don't think the mic placement
was changed.

Please understand that this evaluation is based on having listened through
my computer speakers. They're good ones, but they are nevertheless computer
speakers and not studio monitors.

Please, tell us what you are doing here. What does GS, IG & PT stand for?

• Geoff Sykes, RPT
• 626-799-7545
• www.ivories52.com