Tilted keyboard, WAS YOUNG TECH

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 20:41:37 MDT 2008

  are at exactly the same elevation off the ...which brings to mind this question:  You are regulating a piano and the keys are at an appropriate height and close to level (maybe one pass until they are as level--under a straightedge--as is humanly possibly).  HOWEVER, A0 is a bit higher (or lower, for that matter) than C8, indicating that the keyboard is slightly tilted from one end to the other.  Do you have any acceptable tolerance for this at all? A little? A lot?  At what point would you bite the bullet and do a lot more key leveling in the interest of having the keyboard "perfectly level" from one end to the other (meaning A0 and C8 are the same elevation above the keybed, and everything in between them is, of course, level as well)?

Clear as mud?

Alan Eder