NOW YOUNG TECH

Jessica Masse ebonyandivory at on.aibn.com
Wed Jun 4 16:11:00 MDT 2008

Hi Alicia,

Some people on the list are a bit more serious.  But if you're looking for
help with your piano that fell, I'm sure with a few photos this list could
help you.

Because you are a pianists and this is what made me interested when I
started my business at your age.  I'd like to know what you would think
about playing a 7 foot grand piano in a church with a bowled out floor?  The
piano I have been talking about sits at about a 1& a half inch drop from the
treble with the bass end lower.  The bench also tilts at about the same
angle and leans in a bit towards the piano.

The piano had been on leveled stage and now sits on the curved floor.  I
don't like the way it feels to play it and I think in time it will wear the
parts out more on one side. (key bushings this can happen anyway from the
angle the wood is cut,  and also the damper guide bushings, and hammer shank
centres).

Jessica Masse

RPT Piano Technicians Guild