HORUGEL PIANOS

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 07:58:44 MDT 2008

Tom,

All I can say is I meant no offence to anyone and I'm sorry if I have offended. All I did was state my oppinion from a VERY large experience on the Samick not as a technician but as a pianist...
I don't attend seminars as most of them seem to be quite the distance from me in in Philadelphia, PA, and I'm too busy preparing for an upcoming concert to attend any meetings or whatnot.

As to say about pintite and CA, well what would you reccomend then, pin tite does damage apparently, and after what I've seen on a piano with CA treatment, I'm scared to use it on my own. Larger tuning pinns arent an option probably because removing strings is a bad idea, VERY old, especially the bass...

Sincerely,
Alicia Evans

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:29:48 -0400From: tomtuner at verizon.netSubject: Re: HORUGEL PIANOSTo: pianotech at ptg.org

Alica,
Thanks for the reply.
Three years is certainly some experience and it's nice to hear that you're a guild member.
I'll suggest with the kindest of intentions that saying "Samick is crap" is not a small judgement.
    Turning down the volume on catagorical condemnations of techniques and manufacturers will do wonders on endearing yourself to our little club.
Perhaps we will meet at a future seminar-convention.
Best wishes,
    Tom --with a last name ,what's yours?---Driscoll
P.S.,
    I'll break my own rule cause I'm 34 years in . Pin-tite is a block killer and it takes longer than three years for the damage to show. <G>