The eyes have it : - )

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Tue Jun 3 08:27:22 MDT 2008

I'm fortunate in that I only need glasses for reading, walking, watching
television, driving, and, like, seeing things with.....

Joking apart, now that I'm 50 I'm losing "accommodation" so that I can't
focus close with my glasses, and to focus without them I have to hold a
book *very* close.

An experiment I tried out in discussion with my optician (to whom I've
gone for over 40 years) is monocular vision.  I had one lens in my spare
glases changed to a lens corrected for reading, so with those glasses on,
I have a distance eye and a reading eye. It works OK.

I am semi-considering laser eye correction. But it's very expensive, and I
would still either need reading glasses or have the monocular option - one
eye laser corrected for distance and one for reading.

Best regards,

David.