The eyes have it : - )

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Jun 3 05:58:20 MDT 2008

Garret Traylor wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> My optometrist has suggested that I talk with my colleagues for advice.
> I have been using bi-focals for about three years and now need to switch
> to either tri-focals, progressive lenses, contacts or some combination
> of the above.  What has worked for you?

I've had progressive transition for about 20 years and had no problems.
I also have lined polarized bifocal dark glasses for driving. (the
"transitions" don't darken inside the UV coated windows of the car and
truck)

No problems switching between the two.

Providers want to keep you happy. Recently, I got a new prescription
(after my detached retina/surgery, etc.) but the grind didn't feel
right.(progressives can make you feel like you have tunnel vision)
They redid the entire thing with new lenses/different material.

Happy camper now...  ;-}

YMMV

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be
used against you.