hidden signatures

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 19:12:41 MDT 2008

 We restored a Steinway model E upright from 1873 about 12 years ago, pinblock, soundboard, etc., all the way down to th backposts. On the liner where the soundboard is glued, totally hidden, and in the least suspected place where someone might wish to record their name for posterity, was the signature of one of the craftsmen who did the original construction of the piano. They were proud of their work!