Puzzler: Yamaha G7 clicks

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 05:42:40 MDT 2008

 Scott,

The vast majority of the keys have this problem to some degree or other.? It happens with the action in the piano or out.?

It is interesting to note that this vintage Yamaha grand draws heavily on features I've encountered on Bosendorfers from the same period, among them, the absence of balance rail glide bolts.? In light of recent discussion about tensioning the bedding of the glides for enhanced sound, I wondered if anyone out there has ever endeavored to retrofit glides to a Bosie, Yammie, or any other make that might have featured not having this feature.? Anyone?

Alan Eder