Repinning

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:23:39 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Michael Magness <IFixPianos at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I keep it all in a dedicated bag that looks like the bank deposit bags I've
> seen businesses use, I found them at Walmart, hanging on the end of an
> aisle. They come in assorted colors, red, beige, light blue, etc. they are
> 11&1/4" by 7". They can be written on with a marker so you can put your name
> on them in case you forget it somewhere. They are a synthetic material and
> fairly sturdy, with a top zipper. They are fairly inexpensive.

This is what I use also.  I write on the outside which tools are inside.
 'Cause I often forget what I have. <g>

> I have also dedicated one to hammer shank replacement/repair tools such as
> hammer head/butt extractors, grand shank press, shank clamp and a small roll
> of kite string. Hammer shank cutters, drill bit, and shank reducer.
> I also have one for one to string replacement/repair/knotting tools, a
> tuning pin, stringing crank, shop made coil maker, shop made loop maker,
> coil setter and stringing hook. I keep a supply of wire and bass string
> tails in a case in my car.
> I have these bags in my "backup" tool box in my car so I can grab'em and
> go.

Yep, divide up into mini-kits, and conquer faster.  I have a voicing kit, a
key bushing kit, hammer shank kit, pedal springs kit, etc.  All in those
small bags if they will fit.  In other bags if need be.

And I also have several ammo cases for stringing stuff, screw assortments,
lubricants and glues, etc.

--
JF