chickering quarter grand-re-scale trichords

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 22:15:55 MDT 2008

At 15:14 -0700 23/7/08, Fenton Murray wrote:

>Thunderbird and Eudora, sorry John, I use Outlook Express, but only
>because it's on the computer and works.

It is not you but Ron Nossaman that never supplies the attribution
line, and he uses Thunderbird.

As to gold plating, who knows, but from about 1880 onwards Brinsmead
used a wire that was coppered or copper plated and seems to be very
strong as well.  You very rarely see rust on it and I hate to have to
replace it.  I'll see if I can take some pictures of it.  I think
there might be a very thin coating of nickel or tin over the copper,
but I'll check.

JD