chickering quarter grand-re-scale trichords

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 16:29:41 MDT 2008

> Ron,
> You know it hurts my feelings when you talk to me like that. Now I'm
> just going to go take it out on someone else. I just laid some on a
> magnet, yes the magnet attracts the wire, I would not have thought
> otherwise.

Hi Fenton,
I just thought that would pretty easily rule out phosphor
bronze or anything else non ferrous, and got a chance to pick
on you too. <G>

>I don't know about the non-living organic particulate
> material make up, but there is so much I don't know, it's astounding.
> For the life of me, I probably would have kept a scrap of this wire in a
> drawer to my dying day with out ever wondering what it was, now with an
> interest in analyzing the scales of the pianos I string and this talk of
> break point %, I'd like to know.

My memory isn't what it probably never was anymore, but then
how would I know? I do recall list talk of a piano with gold
plated music wire though, and I think that's what you've got.

>Can I mail you a piece?
> Fenton

Of music wire, right? I haven't seen any of the stuff yet so,
yes! I'd be honored.
Ron N