chickering quarter grand-re-scale trichords

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Mon Jul 21 22:24:38 MDT 2008

> Mid span? That's pretty weird. What is the core break% of the ones that
> break?

Thanks Ron,
I don't know as I don't have the piano here or the specs of the string. I
did look up the piano though in my files. About 6'5", Walnut, s'n 109XXX. I
am once a year changing out a bass string or unison's worth them. The piano
has a lot of issues besides the breaking strings, but a new set would be a
good upgrade, budget is definitely an issue with the clients. I would think
the only mod necessary for a bi-chord unison would be the damper felt on
affected notes. Probably save a significant amount off the string order.
Fenton