Rebushing (was Re: Transporting a Grand Action)

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri Jul 18 19:06:40 MDT 2008

Well actually, a lot of mentors just take a percentage of the cost of the whole job, so there wouldn't be any out-of-pocket expenses for myself if this was agreed upon.

  But there are techs who need a tool for the job, they do include the cost someway in their quote.  So hiring a mentor would be the same difference in this situation.

  Matthew

iam R. Monroe" <pianotech at a440piano.net> wrote:
          If you hired a mentor to ensure you did a proper job, you would pay that cost yourself, not charge your client.  That is the cost of education for you in this instance.  I don't think clients really should be expected to pay for our education.

  William R. Monroe

  SNIP
     Besides, if I hired a mentor to come look at the situation, I would need to put the added cost to the customers bill, and I had already given him my quote :-).  It was just a curious question, because I surely would be the first to opt out of rebushing.

  Thanks,
  Matthew