Rebushing (was Re: Transporting a Grand Action)

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Fri Jul 18 16:46:43 MDT 2008

It is a Baldwin Grand.  I do not have the clients info in front of me to let you know more specs.

  I thing I am going to be addressing is the evenness throughout the keyboard.  Needs work.

  Other things about this piano need addressing later on, but I am here to work with my clients budget.

  I apologize if my previous e-mail made it sound like I may not be sure what I am doing.  Besides, if I hired a mentor to come look at the situation, I would need to put the added cost to the customers bill, and I had already given him my quote :-).  It was just a curious question, because I surely would be the first to opt out of rebushing.

  Thanks,
  Matthew

J Patrick Draine <jpdraine at gmail.com> wrote:
    Matthew,  Could you tell us a bit more about the piano? Are the center pins wandering right out of the flanges? Are flanges frozen? Is this a 10 year old Samick or a 75 year old Aeolian stencil grand? How's everything else about this piano?
  And do you have a mentor you have can take a look at the action before you get to work?

  Patrick Draine