Rebushing (was Re: Transporting a Grand Action)

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Jul 18 07:30:42 MDT 2008

I've never rebushed a whole set.  I've rebushed individual shanks when
the bushings came out but that's the only reason.  My feeling is that if
the whole set has been repined with as large a pin as I care to use it's
time for new shanks.  You can't remove a 24 (0.058") pin, replace the
bushing and go back down to a 20 because the flange would be far too
loose.  Repinning is a one way street...... always larger.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu