"Concert Reserve" Yamaha Grand

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Fri Jul 18 05:55:16 MDT 2008

Tom,

Please contact me.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

---

Garret Traylor - President

High Point Piano & Music Inc.

88-PIANO (336) 887-4266

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Thomas Cole
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:14 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: "Concert Reserve" Yamaha Grand

I've been contacted by an ex- client, formerly living on the West coast, who
recently moved to North Carolina when her husband got transferred. She has a
CFIII "Concert Reserve #1079" that she treats like a member of the family.

I just got a post from her, that because of health reasons, she can no
longer play the piano and has decided to sell it. Her questions for me are:

What would be a good asking price? She's thinking around $50K including
artist's bench, string cover, Dampp-Chaser system and a heavy-duty Macintosh
case cover; piano made in 1986 for the American market.

Is there any value or meaning to "Concert Reserve" other than hype? She was
told that Yamaha pulls instruments intended for their Concert Reserve
inventory from the assembly line and hand-finishes them, but wonders if this
was something fabricated to hasten a sale. She doesn't want to make any
false claims.

She didn't ask but I suppose any interested parties could contact me
privately and I will forward your queries.

Thanks,

Tom Cole
mailto:tcole at cruzio.com