"Concert Reserve" Yamaha Grand

Thomas Cole tcole at cruzio.com
Tue Jul 15 20:13:43 MDT 2008

I've been contacted by an ex- client, formerly living on the West coast,
who recently moved to North Carolina when her husband got transferred.
She has a CFIII "Concert Reserve #1079" that she treats like a member of
the family.

I just got a post from her, that because of health reasons, she can no
longer play the piano and has decided to sell it. Her questions for me are:

What would be a good asking price? She's thinking around $50K including
artist's bench, string cover, Dampp-Chaser system and a heavy-duty
Macintosh case cover; piano made in 1986 for the American market.

Is there any value or meaning to "Concert Reserve" other than hype? She
was told that Yamaha pulls instruments intended for their Concert
Reserve inventory from the assembly line and hand-finishes them, but
wonders if this was something fabricated to hasten a sale. She doesn't
want to make any false claims.

She didn't ask but I suppose any interested parties could contact me
privately and I will forward your queries.

Thanks,

Tom Cole
mailto:tcole at cruzio.com