OT - Windows Update

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Sat Jul 12 13:06:35 MDT 2008

AVG has a firewall if you have the upgraded version. I try to stick to the free
stuff. The AVG anti-virus for free is disappearing so I may be looking
elsewhere. Norton and McAfee have firewalls also. This is only an issue for
Zonealarm.

They released a Zonealarm update which fixes the problem even when the
security is set to high.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/1025_zl/zlsSetup_70_483_000_en.
exe

ron

On 11 Jul 2008 at 22:31, Leslie Bartlett wrote:

> What about AVG?
> les b
>
> Ron Nossaman wrote:
> >
> >> This is just a notice to those of you who use windows and ZoneAlarm
> >> firewall. The recent windows patch that came out on Tuesday breaks
> >> your internet connection if you are using ZoneAlarm. It keeps your
> >> computer from reaching the DNS servers which translate addresses like
> >> ptg.org into 10.1.1.0
> >> There are 2 workaround solutions. 1. Uninstall the windows update
> >> 2. Set ZoneAlarm's security level from high to medium until this
> >> problem is cleared up.
> >>
> >> I thought I had a comcast problem but then found the information
> >> about this. Those who have this problem probably can't read this if
> >> their internet connection doesn't work but they may find this from
> >> another computer.
> >>
> >> ron
> >
> > Zone Alarm has now issued an update to address this.
> > Ron N

Ron Berry Piano Service
Indianapolis, IN 46220
317-255-8213