LED Inspection Light

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sat Jul 12 11:08:31 MDT 2008

Jon -
I have the Stylus Reach (flex shaft).  It's good, with two
reservations.  Mine began, pretty early on, to act erratically, as in
not staying on.  I believe the company would fix or replace it, I
just haven't gotten around to sending it off.  The other regards the
diameter of the head.  It doesn't fit between the tricords.  I just
tried it on my model O, and there's no place it will fit, from #27 to
#88, including at the plate breaks.  The best tool I found for the
kind of in-piano action viewing is still the attachment for the
Mag-lite series.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=68

The newer LED style Mags are much better.  They (Mag) also sell
conversion kits for conventional Mag flashlights.

Very cool.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY