OT - Windows Update

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jul 12 08:26:08 MDT 2008

> Ron,
>
> How do you get that pesky shield with the "!" to stop bothering you?
>
> Al Guecia

I haven't even seen it. Is it a Windows update nag? The first
thing I do, necessary EVERY single time Zone Alarm gets an
update, is go back through the program control section and
again deny internet access to Internet Explorer, Windows
Explorer, Excel, and Word, all of which are "automatically"
granted full access each time. None of these applications have
any business with Internet access, as far as I'm concerned, so
I block them. That Zone Alarm won't honor my configuration and
leave them alone is a matter of some irritation. Is it IE that
generates the nag? If so, Firefox doesn't.

Ron (automatic feature bane) N