Muffler Hardware

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Jul 9 22:33:30 MDT 2008

Matthew,
    I  think calling the manufacturer can help.
I will suggest however that in our trade one valuable asset is mechanical apptitude and improvisation.
I marvel at the jigs, gauges  and tooling cooked up by some of list contributers.
Check out Ron N's floating drill press ,Jude R's bridge location device posted recently and any number of other neat "inventions" that
 are born out of both need , creativity and the willingness to "dig in" and even fail along the way.
    Yes there are many choices in the hardware store and by digging around for one item I stumble across some nylon spacers , a threaded coupler,a neoprene washer or who knows what that might  complete that key leveling jig  I've  had in my head for a while.
I guess I'd like for you to have as much fun as I do poking through the thingamajigs.
One of the clerks at my local place saw me with my head in the bins and said :
    "Watcha cookin' up this time?"

    Best wishes my Compadre  ,
Tom Driscoll RPT

P.S.I should mention --- Forget the big box stores i.e. H.D. or Lowes and find the well equipted local  hardware place. The one with the old guy's smoking cigarettes by the propane tank.
They know where everything is and also know when to leave you alone !