hammers separated from bottom of molding

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jul 9 20:12:14 MDT 2008

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Brian Doepke
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 9:25 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: hammers separated from bottom of molding

The piano is a Cable drop-action with several hammer felt separations from
the bottom of the hammer, the top is still attached (for the moment).

Is it possible to glue/clamp the felt while still in the piano?  I would
hate to have to pull the action.all those lifter wires to take off and put
back in the slots.

What type of adhesive is the best to use?  Wood glue?  PVE glue?

What type of clamps..any kind?

Thank you.

Brian P. Doepke, RPT

Below is something I posted last year. You don't have to use dental floss.
I'd probably use fly line backing now, pretty strong stuff. Titebond would
probably work well as a glue also.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272