hammers separated from bottom of molding

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Wed Jul 9 19:26:27 MDT 2008

Brian,

I would never try to glue those in the piano.  That's asking for trouble!  Take the action back to the bench man...  If you have to charge more because of the extra travel just charge them.  Sounds like to much of a risk to me...  It seems like a fellow could get into a lot of trouble because of this Spinet!  I would say if 5 or more felts have come loose that you are running a risk of a lot more of them pealing away in the future.  I have only had to deal with this kind of problem one or two times and I hope to never have to see it again.  I used CA glue for the few I had to reattach.  It worked but...  I recall using spring clamps to hold the felt down.  I'm not sure I would want to take this job. LOL  Every Spinet I deal with almost has lots of problems, and after all is said and done I swear I will never do it again, but I always do.  One of these days though...  I know I have not been much help with this...  So, all I will say is don't try it in the piano!  It could work but it would be a gamble.
Shawn Brock, RPT