string "noises"

Allen Wright akwright at btopenworld.com
Mon Jul 7 12:21:48 MDT 2008

Bob,

Yes, that was the first thing I checked, and I fitted the hammers
carefully. The notes are consecutive, and it's something that I hear
on all the B's I check, right in that section.

So, if the noise goes away when I detune the note by a semitone, does
that mean it is or isn't a longitudinal mode effect? Or does it
indicate something else entirely? I also tried a smaller hammer from
higher up and the noise was exactly the same).

Allen