need some opinions

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sun Jul 6 09:21:11 MDT 2008

Ron -
I got carried away and was trying to be funny, maybe twisted.  I
didn't intend to focus on the propriety or intensity of your
response.  I don't mean to drag you, or Les, for that matter, into a
continuation of unpleasantness.  With regard to your  question
regarding university tech policy, the obvious venue would be CAUT,
however, you've already gotten some reaction here.  The reason why
this may not be an entirely appropriate comparison is the motivation
for such a division of labor.  In the university, it delegates the
over-sight and generates a personal sense of responsibility on the
part of the individual technician.   It is logical for reasons
significantly apart from the specific effects of two tuners on a
piano, as real as they might be.

David Skolnik