numbering keys

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Jul 4 20:04:09 MDT 2008

> I think as long as you can do it quickly without a lot
> work, stamping keys is just fine.   Certainly looks classy
> (if in the right spot).  I know my penmanship has not
> gotten better as I age..,i.e. I have to stop every 20
> numbers to take a deep breath and proceed...otherwise they
> get a little funky by 88...'-]   I definitely use
> pencil...nothing worse than poorly written numbers in ink
> or (worse) felt pens...yuck!!!!
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT

What are the numbers for, that a nice clean diagonal line or
two across the key set won't do? Do they have an actual
function? The point is that this looks a lot like the usual
excessive compulsive stirring of an empty pot, where a big
deal is made of something of no real consequence, to no
discernible benefit. Done for yourself, fine. We all have the
odd bear to cross, and I (being personally afflicted) can
certainly understand and support that, but let's name it such,
accept it for what it is, and possibly move on to something
more nearly real.

Ron N