new scam

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 18:51:24 MDT 2008

The cashier's checks are counterfeit. They look real, and the bank will even cash it. But it will be drawn off a bank that doesn't exist. So when the check comes back to the bank, they want their money back. And guess who's account it comes out of. To make matters worse, as you indicated, the check will be made out for more than what is owed, and so they ask for a refund, in cash.

My wife got a "Mystery Shopping" deal, where they sent a check of $2500 to her. She was supposed to cash the check, then go to a money gram store and wire $2250 to an address. She would "make" $250. The check,?however,was drawn on?"The First Bank of New York"?at 100 Wall Street. I googled First Bank of new York, and came up empty. Obviously she didn't go along with the scam.

As?I said, there are many people out there who are trying to get your money. They are easy to spot because they use poor English and make ridiculous requests.??