new scam

Gerald Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Fri Jul 4 15:52:39 MDT 2008

Wim,
If they provide a cashiers check for say.....500 quid for the lessons, they may be legit.  hahaha
Did they mention that they have any friends in Nigeria? I could forward you some names off line.
The old adage of "If it sounds too good to be true...." ofter works on the internet as well.

GC

If you recall, I posted a reply I got from someone
in Houston who was interested in purchasing my Kimball console, which I
had advertised on Craig's list. He was going to send a moving crew with
a cashier's check, etc.

Well, on Monday, my wife
posted her piano lessons on Craig's list. She got a reply from someone
who lives in Florida, but is now in England, but would be vacationing
in "the States", for four weeks, and wanted his 14 year old son to take
3 one hour lessons a week for 4 weeks. He wanted to know how much it
would cost for those four lessons, and his "nanny" would get him to the
lessons, and bring a cashiers check for the full amount.

Will these guys stop at nothing to scam us?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
808-349-2943