Literature: Professional Contacts

Garret Traylor hpp at highpointpiano.com
Thu Jul 3 04:28:53 MDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

I recommend that you call or email Dampp-Chaser.

For me a very rewarding aspect of beginning any business or profession has
been making professional contacts with customers, colleagues and vendors.
Regarding vendors, the persons answering the phone should be and often are
expert in their field (don't assume they know it all). They are often the
proverbial "horses mouth".  Vendor representatives are the folks you need to
turn to when you have a question specific (read their literature first).  I
have collected over time many filing cabinets of catalogues and supporting
literature from dozens and dozens of vendors.  As a rule, when dealing with
a new vendor, I ask for a sample of all their product and technical
literature.  After I receive it, I make a point to read it thoroughly.  This
may take a lot of time; if it does not read well for me, I assume it won't
for my customer.

Also, not all customers will read a brochure you put into their hands.
Brochures are very important and can provide a stabilizing effect in
building a relationship with your customer.  The business card, hand shake,
website, your clothing, clean car, organization of shop or store, your
public persona all go toward developing your confidence and the sale of your
products and services.

Kindest Regards,

Garret

"Stick with the winners, don't be a weinner"

---