Laminated panels (Farrell)

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Tue Jan 29 22:06:00 MST 2008

I've been de-flowered. Looks like a Bosey. I can't quite get all the details from the pictures. The photo showing the 3 lams makes it look like there all going the same way. I'm assuming they're 90. Do you glue them up flat, I mean, you could glue up a crown with no ribs, like the bottom panel would act as ribs. No, that's not right, the grain would have to be opposite the top panel. But, I would think less rib support would be needed if the panel were glued up in a dish. What do I know? I said something stupid in another post to Jude earlier I have to go correct, about not worrying about shear failure. Then I remembered all those ribs that come loose, now isn't that a shear failure?
Have fun in the sun, Terry. It looks like you sanded thought to a glue line in one photo, I can't tell, maybe I'll invite myself over something, I'm good at that. Ask Dale E. or Richard Wheeler.
Fenton