OT- Websites

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 27 19:16:48 MST 2008

Hi, Sarah:
	Thanks for your reply.  I have great respect for people like you who have
the artistic expertise to create great websites.  Unfortunately, right now
I don't have the bucks to pay for your services.  In my case, I needed some
way to interface with my customers so they could make online appointments.
Sometimes I see fantastic websites with all kinds of flashy moving
graphics, but I'm not interested to watch.  I just want to get to the
important part- what I can get out of it.  A nice business card is like
that too- if it's really fancy and nice, does that translate into more
business?  If your card is professional looking, that really is all you
want to convey, that you are a professional.
	That is not to say I wouldn't like a better site.  It is a work in
progress.  I'm always trying something new, adding links, more images, etc.
But, I am able to make changes without fretting about the cost. I fully
understand the analogy you're making, though.  I have no doubt that a good
web designer could make a much better site.  I'm not planning to rebuild my
automatic transmission either.  I just wanted to see what it would take to
actually do it myself.  Heck, I even use a FloBee to cut my own hair!  But,
I will say that this free web design software is pretty awesome, and if you
know html and all that stuff, it will take that too, and is compatible with
Dreamweaver, FrontPage, etc.  It doesn't replace them, but even
professional designers are very impressed with its capabilities.
	Thanks for the information about yourself.  It's always good to know
someone in a particular field.  Some day I may call on you for your
expertise (and no, I won't ask your advice for free.)  Sometimes it takes
trying something yourself to realize how incompetent you really are (and
how much you need a professional!)  I like selling piano tuning tools to
clients (if they ask) because I know they'll be calling me soon!
	All the best to you.
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego